Friday, July 11, 2008

Land of the FREE

I had to fill-up with gas this morning, and at the mini-market was Mr. Twinkie! Since I almost always have my camera with me, I had the boys jump out of the car to come see. We got free Twinkies (which T isn't too sure about!) and snapped a couple of pictures. We couldn't stay long because .... ... wait for it ... ... we were on our way to the dentist for T's appointment.
... So after the dentist, we stopped at 7-11 for the free 7.11 oz slurpees! Since they were small, I filled up a cup for me and gave it to the boys to split at home. I called a few friends to tell them about the free slurpees today. Then a friend called me to tell me about the free food at Chick-Fillet. By dressing like a cow, you got all of your food for free. Now we're talking!
We took N to swim team today, and the rest of us went to a park nearby (since it was not too hot or smokey) T is cooling off a little with the fountain. I sat on a bench in the shade and cut out black and white spots. I brought a roll of masking tape and I got busy.

... Here's the result. We got lots of smiles. There were a lot of people dressed up. At first, we got some weird looks because I don't think people knew why we were dressed like this. We ordered close to $30 of food and it was ALL free! We brought the food home only because I was cooking a dinner for a close friend and needed to get working on that. We did have a little time to let the boys play in the play house. Oh, and B enjoyed being a black cow with white spots. I think he was the only one that I saw while we were there. Cool, eh?


So, I'm not sure why today was such a free day, but it was awesome. My boys played along great by being cows. N wore his shirt for the rest of the evening! I think we're going to go bowling for free next week, again. Free is nice!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, I'll have to find out where all this free stuff is.
You guys looked cute!!

Raimi said...

Wasn't that awesome to get your entire families meal for free?? We hit 7-11 after C.F. Thanks for that tip. I think my boys thought that they had died & gone to heaven-ha.