Friday, July 18, 2008

A Couple of GREAT Recipes

With the hot summer days, I rarely turn my oven on. It's too dang hot! But yesterday, I wanted a hearty dinner. So, I busted out one of our favorite Slow Cooker recipes. It turned out great and it hit the spot. Plus, it didn't heat up my kitchen ... definitely a bonus in my book. The chicken was so tender. Here's the recipe:



Slow Cooker Chicken & Stuffing


1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp. seasoned salt
3/4 tsp. pepper
4 -6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup butter/margarine
2 cans (10 3/4 oz.) condensed Cream of Chicken soup, undiluted (can use cream of mushroom or celery)
1 package (12 oz.) seasoned stuffing mix, plus ingredients to prepare

1. Combine flour, seasoned salt & pepper in large resealable plastic food storage bag; add chicken. Seal bag; shake to coat with flour mixture.

2. Melt butter in large skillet over medium-low heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Place in slow cooker; pour soup over chicken.

3. Prepare stuffing according to package directions, decreasing liquid by half. Arrange stuffing over chicken. Cover; cook on HIGH for 3 -4 hours or until chicken is tender. Makes 4-6 servings.
(from The Slow Cooker Bible)
We decided to watch a movie together last night. I surprised the boys with a VERY easy and delicious carmel popcorn dessert. B has been asking forever for what he calls "sticky popcorn". I got this from my friend, Raimi, who has shared it on her blog, so I know it's okay to pass it along to ya'll, too. Doesn't that look yummy?! It's delicious! It's super easy because you use microwave popcorn.
Carmel Popcorn
2 bags of microwave popcorn
1 cube butter
14 large marshmallows
1 cup brown sugar
Pop popcorn in the microwave. Try to remove as many of the unpopped kernels as you can.
In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter & marshmallows. Cook on low heat. Should take about 7-8 minutes for everything to melt on low heat. Once melted, add popcorn & use wooden spoon to coat popcorn. You can make popcorn balls with this recipe. Just spray your hands with Pam cooking spray. Line bowl with wax or parchment paper for easier clean-up.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

yum, sounds good!

Unknown said...

Yummy - I'll have to give these a try.

Allison said...

Always on the look out for new recipes. Thanks for sharing!

JanEtta said...

I've been trying to find some more crockpot dinners. This sounds like a keeper. Thanks. (I also want to try the sweet popcorn - but my hubby and Daniel don't like sweet popcorn, so I'll have to make it and take it to work, 'cause I shouldn't eat it all by myself.)